total sport tours
Tour: Abel Tasman Coastal Classic
Date: Fri 21st - Sun 23rd September 2012
to register for this tour.
Now in its 19th year the Abel Tasman race has every right to bear the word Classic in its title. Few stretches of coastal track anywhere in the world can offer this kind of running experience. Add to that the friendly atmosphere and professional organising skills of the team at Nelson Events and its no wonder that this race SELLS OUT FAST every year.
But fear not people, book a place on our ATCC Tour and you will be guaranteed one of those much sought after places on the start line.
The total sport ATCC tour will be hosted by our very own trail running legend, Mal Law
THE TOUR ITINERARY
FRIDAY 21st September
- Midday - meet at Auckland Airport Domestic Terminal
- Fly Air NZ to Nelson, arriving just after 2pm (allowance for 1 x 23kg checked-in bag & includes travel insurance)
- Drive an hour to Little Kaiteriteri and check in to our comfortable accommodation at Torlesse Motels (accommodation is 3-4 per two-bedroom studio units)
- Friday evening - join in the traditional carbo-load meal at the Shoreline Restaurant & Bar, just a short walk from our motel.
SATURDAY 22nd September
- Breakfast provided by Total Sport
- Transport (2 minute drive) to the boat that takes competitors and companions to the race start at Awaroa.
- Race followed by lunch (provided by Nelson Events) in the finish area at Marahau, where hot showers are also available.
- R&R followed by prize-giving and the legendary post-race dinner in Marahau - relax and have a few beers if you want because we will drive you back to our motel.
SUNDAY 23rd September
- Breakfast provided by Total Sport - we know you'll be hungry so we're talking something a bit more than just a piece of toast!
- Late morning check out & drive the Upper Motuere wine trail route stopping at Neudorf for wine tasting and Kahurangi Estate for lunch (wood-fired pizza a specialty)
- Arrive Nelson airport 4pm for 4.40pm Air NZ flight to Auckland, arriving 6pm
$1,295 (incl. GST) for competitors; $1,195 (incl. GST) for companions.
- Your flights
- Travel Insurance
- Ground transportation (a roomy 12-seater minivan)
- Your race entry (or supporters package - boat ticket, lunch & dinner - for companions)
- 2 nights accommodation
- All food (except what you need for the race itself)
- Total Sport hosting service - to make sure it's a relaxing, stress-free weekend with no hassles.
- A 'collector's edition' tour tee shirt & total sport goodies bag laden with stuff from our sponsors.
- Guaranteed good times!
Registrations will be taken on a strictly first-come, first-served basis and are open ONLY UNTIL 5pm on MONDAY APRIL 30th 2012.
There are limited places (a max. of 12 people) so get in fast.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
Click here to register for this tour.
If you have any questions please email Mal at email@example.com
For more information about the race check out www.nelsonevents.co.nz/content/abel-tasman-coastal-classic
return to top